Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 64

Thread: Andrea Mitchell calls us Red Necks!

  1. #21
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Andrea Mitchell calls us Red Necks!

    I remember getting a copy of the Roanoke the day that issue came out...I about lost my soda all over the living room hahahaha
    LOL I copied it and sent it to everyone I knew.
    Can definitely verify that's legit!

    But in our defense, true or not it's just not necessary. You don't hear them throwing out stereotypical adjectives about other areas they report on. All regions have their own. And not everyone fits the stereotypes!
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  2. #22
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Andrea Mitchell calls us Red Necks!

    Be proud of your accent...it's the purest form of English still spoken in the world.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  3. #23
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Andrea Mitchell calls us Red Necks!

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But in our defense, true or not it's just not necessary. You don't hear them throwing out stereotypical adjectives about other areas they report on. All regions have their own. And not everyone fits the stereotypes! </div></div>

    Yep--I can agree that it sucks for people not from around here to call me a redneck, when I'm pretty sure I'm one of the furtherest things from one. The only thing I have that really typifies that is my accent (as sup-rbeast points out). The rest of my life, not so much.

    I think if people got a little more upset and decided that they didn't want to be disparaged by the redneck moniker, and that they wanted to do something to disspell that thought amongst those outsiders calling us that--then we'd all be better off. Instead, there's people that perpetuate the stereotype everyday with their thoughts, words, and actions. It's a shame to see, personally.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  4. #24
    Inactive Member steer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2002
    Location
    Bristol, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    3,872
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Andrea Mitchell calls us Red Necks!

    Cane, you are stereotyping 'rednecks' right now. What exactly is a redneck? (this is directed towards everyone that is edgy over being called one, just not cane)

    Jeff Foxworthy considers himself a redneck, and he is the best selling, richest, and most recognizable comedian in history.
    Redneck doesn't mean anything bad, it's just what people from this area are called, and all over the USA.

    I love the way I talk.. I sound as 'hick' as it gets. When I talk to friends from across seas, or in different states, they always say they love talking to me, just because they like hearing my accent. When on vacation, it makes me a very popular person, people love it.

  5. #25
    Inactive Member imported_ut1's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    1,654
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Andrea Mitchell calls us Red Necks!

    Redneck is a racist term, therefore Andrea Mitchell is a racist working for a racist media outlet. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]
    "Yes, there are two paths you can go by
    But in the long run
    There's still time to change the road you're on."

  6. #26
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Andrea Mitchell calls us Red Necks!

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ut1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Redneck is a racist term, therefore Andrea Mitchell is a racist working for a racist media outlet. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]

    </div></div>

    She works for MSNBC, not Fox News... [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  7. #27
    Inactive Member imported_ut1's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    1,654
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Andrea Mitchell calls us Red Necks!

    Same difference.
    "Yes, there are two paths you can go by
    But in the long run
    There's still time to change the road you're on."

  8. #28
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Andrea Mitchell calls us Red Necks!

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What exactly is a redneck?</div></div>

    To me, it's people from rural areas who either:

    a) don't care that they're uneducated and/or uncouth, and don't want to do anything to change it

    OR

    b) don't care that they are looked at as uneducated and/or uncouth even though they may not actually be, but act like it anyways just to garner some type of attention.

    I just would rather be looked at as "me". Not as a redneck. I don't want to be stereotyped or typified by my area--I feel like I can rise above that...that's just me personally though.

    That may not be a popular POV to most around here, but that's how I feel.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  9. #29
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Andrea Mitchell calls us Red Necks!

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ut1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Same difference.</div></div>

    Exactly--you must have seen me preach that in another thread the other day.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  10. #30
    Inactive Member steer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2002
    Location
    Bristol, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    3,872
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Andrea Mitchell calls us Red Necks!

    I absolutely love it when people look at me like I'm someone who is not very educated. For the simple fact, that I am, and when it comes time for them to try and talk to me about something, that they think I have no idea about, I can sit right there and usually know more than them.
    It's fantastic.

    But I do not like being classified with "Rebels", or "Southern Rednecks/Rebels".. those are the ones who are classified as being racist and all that..

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •